President Franco Pavoncello Delivers Keynote Presentation
John Cabot University President Franco Pavoncello gave the keynote presentation at the Aspen Mediterranean Initiative International Seminar entitled “The Changing Mediterranean: the Quest for Growth and the Gulf Factor,” held on July 5-6, 2013 in Naples.
The President was the initial commentator in the Opening Plenary Session, specifically in the session entitled “Social Capital and the Trust Factor in Transition Societies.”
Other participants in the seminar included important leaders from business, politics, academia, and public administration such as:
- Giulio Tremonti, Chairman, Aspen Institute Italia; Senator of the Italian Republic; Tremonti Vitali Romagnoli Piccardi & Associates Law Firm, Milan-Rome
- Enrico Tomaso Cucchiani, Managing Director and CEO, Intesa SanPaolo, Milan/Sala
- Maurizio Barracco, President, Banco di Napoli, Naples
- Giuseppe Recchi, Chairman, Eni, Rome
- Fulvio Conti, Managing Director, Enel, Rome
- Roberto Menotti, Editor-in-Chief of Aspenia online and Deputy Editor of Aspenia; Senior Advisor – International Activities, Aspen Institute Italia, Rome
- Ahmed Benchemsi, Editor in Chief of FreeArabs.com; Visiting Scholar, Program on Arab Reform and Democracy, Stanford University, Stanford, CA
- Massimo De Andreis, General Manager, SRM – Studi e Ricerche Mezzogiorno, Naples
- Magda Kandil, Senior Economist, IMF – International Monetary Fund, Cairo
- Luciano Pietronero, Director of the Institute of Complex Systems, Rome
The prestigious Aspen Institute was founded in the United States in 1950, upon the initiative of a group of intellectuals and businessmen. The aim was to relaunch a dialogue that would encourage decision makers to share knowledge and values in the complicated international context that was just emerging from the devastation of World War II.
Aspen Institute Italia, established in 1984, has focused over the years especially on Transatlantic relations – an issue that continues to take priority. Aspen Institute Italia’s mission is to internationalize the country’s entrepreneurial, political and cultural leadership, as well as to promote the free exchange of ideas and beliefs, in a search for common values, knowledge and interests.