JCU and UNICRI Conclude Seventh Edition of Summer Course on Migration and Human Rights
The seventh edition of the Summer Course on Migration and Human Rights, organized by the United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute (UNICRI), in collaboration with John Cabot University, was successfully delivered in a hybrid format from July 11 to 15, 2022. Participants from 18 countries had a chance to collaboratively learn and exchange views on debated and challenging issues in the field of international migration, including:
- International migration, trafficking, and asylum law
- Internally displaced persons
- Irregular migration: balancing human rights and security
- Search and rescue at sea
- The right to health for migrants and refugees
- Migration, development, and integration
- Global displacement
The Summer School’s faculty was composed of leading scholars and academics from John Cabot and other universities, representatives of the United Nations system, international human rights bodies, and civil society.
This year marks the 10th anniversary of the fruitful collaboration between John Cabot University and UNICRI.