IFE Announces Fall 2022 Elevator Pitch Competition Winners
The Institute for Entrepreneurship (IFE) recently hosted the Elevator Pitch Competition finals online. The videos of the finalists, previously selected by an academic jury, were posted on IFE’s Facebook page, and submitted to the popular vote, generating thousands of engagements in the JCU extended community.
An Elevator Pitch is a quick way of communicating the fundamental elements of a project, a business idea, a social cause, or even one’s professional qualifications and capturing the other person’s attention to prompt him/her to action. In the JCU format, students have one minute to advance their idea as convincingly as possible. Over 100 students from all majors participated, honing their public speaking skills.
This semester, the winners in each category were:
- Social Innovation/Advocacy: Tiberia Di Maggio delivered an impassioned speech advocating for the education of women in India.
- Business idea: Luca Beccato, with an idea to promote personalized food products.
- Personal pitch: Anastasiia Lazareva, whose pitch describes her qualifications as a graphic designer.
Each winner will receive a €100 voucher.
For the special category Faculty’s Choice, to recognize extraordinary pitches:
- Social Innovation/Advocacy: Anna Buhmann advocated for Stand Club and its ongoing plans for building furniture in the Italian Red Cross’s Child Neuropsychiatry Clinic.
- Business Idea: Carlos Santander promoted Organic World, a company based in Chile of which he is CEO, that promotes accessibility to organic food.
- Personal Pitch: Camilla Rapone shared how her attention to detail and analytical skills while working as the social media manager assistant benefited the sales of a local business.
Each winner will receive a €50 voucher.