Welcome to Spring 2020 Semester at JCU
The John Cabot University community is pleased to welcome new and returning students to our Spring 2020 semester. This term there are over 1300 enrolled undergraduate freshmen, transfers, study abroad students, gap year students, and freshmen abroad.
60 countries are represented in the new degree-seeking student cohort and include Italy, USA, Kazakhstan, Vietnam, Albania, Venezuela, Zimbabwe, Pakistan, Spain, Brazil, and Turkey. The new American degree-seeking students come from 15 U.S. states including Arkansas, California, Florida, New Jersey, and New York.
Visiting students come from 111 universities, 40 U.S. states, and 10 countries including Brazil, Canada, Egypt, Hong Kong, Japan, Mexico, Nigeria, and the U.K.
All students help JCU fulfill its mission of fostering intercultural dialogue and inclusion as they benefit from an international American liberal arts education enriched by the vibrant cultural heritage of Rome.
During last week’s five-day Orientation, students and families participated in multiple events including:
– Welcome sessions designed to introduce them to the University and the urban campus
– Family Orientation Sessions
– Guided tours of the Eternal City and Navigation 101
– Safety Sessions and Immigration steps
– Housing and Residential Life workshops
– Registration for cultural and outdoor Activities and Trips– Signing up for Clubs and Organizations, Community Service opportunities and Athletics
The JCU community welcomes all new and returning students and wishes everyone a great semester!